Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Christmas Soup: Cream of Corn Cheese

It was our first Christmas in our new home. What must I prepare? Since I'm just a newbie cook and my mother-in-law's bringing food, I decided to just make taco salad and soup. I wasn't able to take a picture of the taco salad so I'll just be sharing the soup I made.

I was supposed to make a squash soup using my aunt's recipe. But due to lack of ingredients, i made this Cream of Corn Cheese Soup.

Cream of Corn Cheese Soup


CREAM OF CORN CHEESE SOUP

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup corn kernels, drained
1 cup cream of corn
2 cups chicken stock or water
2 tbsp cheese pimiento (used Kraft Cheez Whiz pimiento)
1 cup onion
1 tsp spring onions, finely diced (for garnishing)

PROCEDURE:
1. Place corn kernels and cream of corn in sauce pan. Pour in stock or water and bring to boil over high heat and let simmer.
2. Stir in cheese pimiento until dissolved.
3. In a bowl, temper the cream by adding some of the hot liquid from the soup into it. Take this warmed mixture and stir into the soup. Simmer over low heat for 5 mins.
4. Serve in individual cups/bowls and garnish with spring onions.

FOOD CRITICS: My parents, in-laws, sister, nephew, hubby
VERDICT: "Pahingi ng recipe!" - sister Mabes
              "Very rich!" - brother-in-law Topher
              "Ninang, sarap! Penge pa!" - nephew Charles
              "Okay naman" - hubby Mark

My parents and parents-in-law had no comments. But I think they liked it too since nothing was left in their bowls :) My sister even took home the leftover soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment